Bed and Breakfast
At Cotteswold House we provide our guests with high quality Bed & Breakfast accommodation offering the personal touch that only a small family-run business can provide. All bedrooms are on the first floor (not readily accessible for guests who have difficulties managing stairs). If you have any specific questions or requirements please contact us and we will endeavour to help.
● This web site provides full details together with photographs and contact details.
● Bookings and enquiries can be made online or by telephone.
● A printed brochure is available on request.
● A local bus service (no. 855) operates between Bibury and Cirencester (7 miles) though is infrequent (click here for timetable).
● Nearest stations are Kemble (12 miles) and Swindon (20 miles).
● National Express coaches serve Cirencester.
● Local taxi service operates from Bibury.
● Cotteswold House is licensed to play music on the premises with 'PPL and PRS for Music' and to screen TV films in bedrooms with 'MPLC'.
Please contact the proprietors Judith and Neil Underwood with any questions regarding our accommodation or availability:
Address: Cotteswold House, BIBURY, Cirencester, Gloucestershire GL7 5ND
Tel: +44 (0)1285 740609
Problems during your stay?
In the event that a problem arises during your stay regarding your accommodation, we would prefer that you raise it with the proprietors as soon as possible. Steps can then be taken to rectify it as quickly as possible so that you can continue to enjoy your stay with us.
BED & BREAKFAST ACCOMMODATION
Our 3 first-floor guest bedrooms offer comfortable en-suite accommodation in two Double rooms and one Twin-bedded room. Each room can be used for single-occupancy at a reduced rate. Breakfast is the only meal served. No-smoking throughout premises. No pets.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
● If arriving by car, a level block-paved driveway leading to the rear of the house has parking for 3 cars.
● There is a level pathway at the side of the house leading to the guest door.
● Driveway and path illuminated during hours of darkness.
● We offer assistance with luggage on arrival/departure.
● Arrival time between 4:30pm and 10:00pm except by prior arrangement.
● Check out time before 10:30am
Main Entrance & Reception
● Entry to the house is gained via electronic door entry system. Door is locked at all times (guests are provided with door entry code on arrival).
● Guest door has a raised threshold step of 10cms. Door width is 95cms.
● The house is centrally heated throughout.
Fire & Safety
● All guest areas and bedrooms fitted with integrated smoke detectors/alarm system.
● Fire instructions are posted in all guest bedrooms; adjacent to guest entrance and at fire point on first floor landing which has fire extinguisher and fire blanket. Additional fire point in kitchen.
Guest accommodation - public areas
● Main Entrance leads to guest dining area which has oak flooring with large rug in centre. There are 3 breakfast tables (height - 74cms) each seating 2 people. Tables can be arranged to seat larger groups as required.
● Breakfast is served in the dining room between 08:00 and 09:00 (weekdays); 08:30-09:30 (weekends & bank holidays).
● Guests are welcome to use the lounge area at any time. This area has 3-piece suite, coffee table and side tables with lamps and DAB radio. A selection of books, local guides, magazines and board games are provided. Floor area is covered with fitted short pile carpet.
● A single flight of carpeted stairs off the Dining/Lounge area lead to our 3 Guest bedrooms, all on the first floor (15 steps - tread 86cm wide x 28 cm depth. Rise - 20cm). A handrail runs the full length of the stairs.
First Floor Bedrooms and Landing
● Main first floor landing serves our 3 guest bedrooms (2 x Double and 1 x Twin).
● Doors into bedrooms are 75cms wide and can be locked from the inside and outside. Doors are self-closing.
● Bed sizes: Double - 138cm (width) x 183cm (length) x 58cm (height); Single - 92cm (width) x 183cm (length) x 58cm (height). All beds accessible from both sides.
● All bedrooms are centrally heated with thermostat controls on all radiators for individual temperature control.
● Multiple USB charging points in each bedrooms.
● Hospitality tray, Digital TV, DAB radio/alarm clock and hairdryer in all bedrooms.
● Wifi Internet access thoughout the premises
●Storage includes integral wardrobe, 3 drawer dressing table (with mirror) and bedside cabinets.
● Full-length wall mirrors in each room.
● Flooring covered by short pile good quality fitted carpets and rug.
● Non-feather duvets and pillows are used.
● Additional blankets are provided in all rooms.
All bedrooms have en-suite bathroom
● Bath (54cm height to ledge); fixed shower over bath; wc (41cm seat height) and washbasin (75cms height). Internal bathrooms have extractor fans automatically activated by light switch.
● Complimentary toiletries.
● Towels refreshed daily (unless requested otherwise).
● Vinyl flooring.
● Large mirror above washbasin with lighting over.
● Shaver point (dual voltage).
Bedroom floor areas (including en-suite bathroom)
● Bedroom 1 (Double) 17m2 (approx).
● Bedroom 2 (Double) 15m2 (approx).
● Bedroom 3 (Twin) 19m2 (approx).